Become a member of the Friends!
The FoBCA is a non-profit organisation. They depend on membership fees to cover the costs of running such an organisation. The membership fee is low, considering the benefits:
- Your membership donation provides you with an FoBCA card that gives immediate cash benefit to yourself & family to visit the Blaauwberg Conservation Area by not having to pay gate fees nor expectation of a donation at any event organised for your participation in the Reserve. This includes the Eerste Steen resort with its braai picnic facilities right on the beach. The safe parking is popular with beach users and many surf activities
- Your membership helps contribute to providing essential facilities and equipment for visitors and staff, such as providing equipment for our Alien vegetation clearing (“hacking”) volunteers, comprising both youth and mature members; equipment and training of Archaeology, Botany and Heritage groups operating on the Reserve with the FoBCA etc
- You can participate at no cost in the many hikes offered by the FoBCA – the Two Hills Walk, the Battle of Blaauwberg Walk, etc
- You can become the eyes and ears to warn the authorities of activities or threats that could harm the conservation of both natural and heritage in our area
- You can contribute by participating in our volunteer groups according to your personal interests or start a new group if your experience, knowledge and enthusiasm is currently not represented
- You can attend the many interesting talks, presentation and events arranged by the FoBCA on various topics.
Current annual/5-year/10-year Fees per membership type
- R30/R150/300 - Youth (under 18) / Pensioner (60 or over)
- R60/R300/R600 - Individual
- R80/R400/R800 - Family (2 adults plus 2 children under 18)
- R300/R1500/R3000 - Corporate (4 cards issued for 4 adults per card)
To apply for any of the above membership types, please complete our spreadsheet Online Membership Form (344 KB) .
Membership fees must be paid into the following account:.
Account name Friends of the BCA
Savings account number 74076805702
Branch code 203 809 (FNB Table View)
Reference Initials, Surname and "Fees"
All memberships are valid from 1st April to 31st March. At the discretion of the FoBCA committee, those applying for the first time later in the year may be granted extended membership, valid until the end of the following 31st March.
FoBCA Information Guide
View the brochure or download: document FoBCA Information Guide (9.22 MB)